wviewweather.com Forum Index wviewweather.com
wview and Weather Topics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search found 187 matches
wviewweather.com Forum Index
  Topic: bad wind data when it's raining
chrisale

Replies: 4
Views: 307

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:40 pm   Subject: bad wind data when it's raining
It's raining...

so it's doing it again:

here's the bogus data

--Timestamp--- Temp Chill HIndex Humid Dewpt Wind HiWind WindDir Rain Barom Solar ET UV
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 pm   Subject: bad wind data when it's raining
I've been looking at the txt archives of the data and have come across something interesting:

August 10, 2006 was the last time I had a bogus hi-wind value:

Yet, when I do a find in the text fil ...
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:59 pm   Subject: bad wind data when it's raining
OK... it's been a dry summer, so I'm going on scant data...

however, over the past 3 times that it has rained since June, I have gotten bogus wind data simultaneous with that rainfall. (I'm gettin ...
  Topic: Bad wind data on SLUG?
chrisale

Views: 331

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:49 pm   Subject: Bad wind data on SLUG?
the VP is wired... and the syslong seems fine.LOL... i don't even remember asking that!

lol
  Topic: Bad wind data on SLUG?
chrisale

Views: 331

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:58 am   Subject: Bad wind data on SLUG?
Hi all. Long time no forum. Smile

I've had two instances since I switched to the SLUG where the weather station has reported bogus wind speeds (140kph and 180kph)... I thought at first that it was th ...
  Topic: openslug 3.1 kernel panic from htmlgend
chrisale

Views: 487

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:42 am   Subject: openslug 3.1 kernel panic from htmlgend
looks like the archive big/little endian issue was it...

everything seems to be fine now.

I unfortunately cleared the data logger on the VP unneccessarily last night... so I've lost a couple da ...
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:35 am   Subject: openslug 3.1 kernel panic from htmlgend
hi john thanks for that.

ah, i never thought of the big/little endian issue. right.. this is arm... so it's big endian... and the files are coming from a debian linux x86 box... so little endian. ...
  Topic: openslug corrupting archive data from console
chrisale

Replies: 1
Views: 440

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 pm   Subject: openslug corrupting archive data from console
ok... i'm reinstalling... again... with a bigger swap... looks to be definitely hitting the top end of the swap space.

edit:

this was a deadend... the problem was big/little endian conversion a ...
  Topic: openslug corrupting archive data from console
chrisale

Replies: 1
Views: 440

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:01 pm   Subject: openslug corrupting archive data from console
ok.. so in addition to the kernel panic mentioned in the other thread... I thought I should create a thread about the other trouble I'm having.

it appears that wview on the slug is corrupting the c ...
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:31 pm   Subject: openslug 3.1 kernel panic from htmlgend
or at least that's what it looks like in /var/log/messages...

Jul 6 20:18:32 (none) user.warn wviewsqld[3981]: <1191077473> : dbdatabaseInsertRecord: T ...
  Topic: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
chrisale

Replies: 20
Views: 1219

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:21 pm   Subject: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
well, it's installed and running... but there is a kernel panic which looks like it's coming from htmlgend.

I'll start another thread for that after I do some more troubleshooting of my own.

edi ...
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:31 pm   Subject: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
YAY!

I'm hoping this means success...

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for generic
Jul 6 16:26:47 (none) user.info kernel: usbcore: r ...
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:06 pm   Subject: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
omg
that totally makes sense.... that has to be it... excuse me while i go *&$#@(*&892 a little...

ok...

i'm starting fresh... by installing OpenSlug Razz
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:02 pm   Subject: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
is it because I'm using DebianSlug and not Unslung?

ust a thought
thanks
Chris
chrisale

PostForum: Troubleshooting   Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:42 pm   Subject: USB on openslug 3.10 beta
ok.. progress... sort of...

i have convince the ipkg to install.

it install the cp2101 and usbserial module in

/lib/modules/2.6.16/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/

however... the OS refuses to l ...

Page 1 of 13 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next